Irregular sleep patterns, such as chronic or occasional insomnia, can have many causes.
Some of their main triggers are:
- Nutrient deficient diet
- Work hours
- Certain medication
If your issue is getting a deep, restorative night’s sleep, and it’s affecting your quality of life, the first thing you should do is see a specialist.
Now, when it comes to your daily life, other complementary strategies will always be a big help. Those old remedies from your grandma, and natural medicine techniques often work quite well when used correctly.
Here, we’d like to suggest the following: start drinking a cinnamon banana tea an hour before bed every night.
After that, all you have to do is turn off all of your electronic devices (cell phone, computer, TV), grab a book, and let sleep take you over. This tea will help give you the rest you need.
Are you ready to try this amazing remedy?
Bananas, or rather, their peel
Bananas are one of the most complete, nutritious, and good-for-you fruits out there.
- Some people avoid bananas because they think they are too high in calories.
- That’s a mistake. Bananas are not fattening. In fact, they can be a big help in weight loss because they’re filling, they relax you and lower your anxiety, and they encourage restorative sleep.
- Ideally, you’d look for bananas that aren’t too ripe. A perfectly yellow banana is when you’ll get the most of their water content, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and low glycemic index.
We’re adding a banana to this bedtime tea for a very concrete reason: it helps your brain release serotonin, a neurotransmitter that relieves anxiety, and helps fight insomnia.
At the same time, something we can’t forget is that bananas contain very high levels of potassium and magnesium in their peels, much more than in the fruit itself.
- Don’t throw it out. It’s actually vital for our tea!
Cinnamon, the health spice
Cinnamon is a wonderful, soothing spice. Even just by smelling, you’ll feel relaxed and comforted.
If you take this amazing remedy for 10 straight days, your body will get used to it each day, and will help you sleep more deeply.
- Cinnamon helps you balance your blood sugar levels.
- When your blood sugar levels are balanced, your hormones function better, leading to better sleep.
- Another remarkable aspect of this tea is that it improves the digestion of your dinner.
- Good nighttime digestion helps your body detox more efficiently.
This is where your liver and lymphatic system act as the detoxification and purification agents of your body.
Last but not least, it’s worth mentioning that this cinnamon banana tearelaxes your muscles and relieves stress-related tension.
This tea lowers cortisol in your blood to help you get a better night’s sleep. It’s amazing!
How to make my insomnia-fighting remedy
- 1 organic banana
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (2.5 g)
- 1 liter of water
This tea is very easy to make. The first thing you do is get organic bananas. Why? We’re going to use the peel, so it’s best if it was grown without pesticides.
- Once you have picked out your banana, cut off the ends and put the banana into a pot filled with water, and turn on the heat.
- Add the half teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Let boil for at least 20 minutes. After this time, let sit for at least another 10 minutes.
- Next step? You’re almost done, just strain the water into a jar and serve.
If you want a sweeter tea, just add a little honey. Make sure not to add sugar. Sugar will keep you up at night, and the insomnia-fighting remedy will lose its effect.
“Learn how to Fight Anxiety with This Age-Old Remedy with Bay Leaves”
How should I take this remedy?
Drink it an hour before bed every night. Remember it may take a few days before you see results. Be patient!
Principal image courtesy of wikiHow.com